SubjectRe: Article: IBM wants to "clean up the license" of Linux
Date
George Bonser <grep@shorelink.com> wrote:

> QUESTION: Say IBM wrote their own mmap.c replacement with no GPL code in
> it. Can they distribute a binary kernel image made with that mmap.c

They wouldn't. We are talking about hardware specific stuff here e.g.
SCSI device drivers, Netfinity Manager et cetera. The licensing issues
for these software pieces are just under evaluation, not whether IBM is
going to modify the kernel itself and put it under a separate license. So
please: speculation about this is counterproductive here.
The folks preparing the decision are very Linux knowledgable.

Don't be paranoid folks.
--
... And malt does more than Milton can
To justify God's ways to man