    SubjectRe: ASUS CD ROM 340 & 2.1.129+ dont work but work fine with 2.0.35+
    please read very carefully or you don't read at all :)

    hm i 've done some lot lot more testing and it's very very strange
    not drive,drive is 100% ok :)

    boots perfect in 2.0.35+ (sometimes reset drive)
    halt in 2.1.129+

    interesting is that workaround to boot in linux 2.1.129+
    now it is enought to go in CLEAN dos 7.10 (win95 osr2)
    on hard disk and then boot in linux with loadlin .

    (By CLEAN dos I meant dos without ANY drivers=without
    config.sys and ! )

    this 'trick' just wont work if I try boot from floppy same dos 7.1
    then loadlin .

    Sounds very very stupid but that the way it is !

    if you did'n noticed:
    ASUS CD ROM 340 SUPPORT UDMA (my board do not suport udma, old vx)
    and CD DRIVE work with every atapi driver in dos !

    BTW I am sure that this is not hardware bug
    if you still thinks so PLEASE read my first letter again !

    in 2.0.35+ boots straight !
    in 2.1.129+ halts when booted straight
    but when I enter in clean dos (not needed atapi driver nor mscdex)
    and do loadlin I can boot in 2.1.132 !

    Again I repeat that work only from hard disk not floppy, and the
    problem is only with kernel 2.1.129+ as I said with

    thanks for reading :)

    Zoran Davidovac

    for more info, tests,
    feel free to write: