SubjectRe: small addition to keyboard driver propose with patch

> This is a small, but as for me useful patch for
> drivers/char/keyboard.c. The main idea is using console
> unicode table to translate unicode keysyms to ascii symbols
> when in keymap defined some U+xxxx chars, but keyboard in
> in XLATE mode. For example I do
> setfont koi8-8x16 -u koi8.uni
> loadkeys koi8-utf
> and if I type 'kbd_mode -u' my keyboard generate UTF-8 2-bytes
> sequences for each russian letter, but if I set 'kbd_mode -a'
> keyboard generate koi-8 codes for russian letters except of
> UTF without reloading keymap by loadkeys.

It looks OK, but I think it should use inverse_translate()
instead of conv_uni_to_pc().

The conv_uni_to_pc() function converts Unicode to font encoding
as opposed to inverse_translate() which is an inversion of
translate[], therefore it converts Unicode to character set
used in userland.

Have a nice fortnight
Martin `MJ' Mares <>
"And don't forget to feed your computer virus..."