    SubjectRe: small addition to keyboard driver propose with patch
    Hello,

    > This is a small, but as for me useful patch for
    > drivers/char/keyboard.c. The main idea is using console
    > unicode table to translate unicode keysyms to ascii symbols
    > when in keymap defined some U+xxxx chars, but keyboard in
    > in XLATE mode. For example I do
    >
    > setfont koi8-8x16 -u koi8.uni
    > loadkeys koi8-utf
    >
    > and if I type 'kbd_mode -u' my keyboard generate UTF-8 2-bytes
    > sequences for each russian letter, but if I set 'kbd_mode -a'
    > keyboard generate koi-8 codes for russian letters except of
    > UTF without reloading keymap by loadkeys.

    It looks OK, but I think it should use inverse_translate()
    instead of conv_uni_to_pc().

    The conv_uni_to_pc() function converts Unicode to font encoding
    as opposed to inverse_translate() which is an inversion of
    translate[], therefore it converts Unicode to character set
    used in userland.

    Have a nice fortnight
    --
    Martin `MJ' Mares <mj@ucw.cz> http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~mj/
    "And don't forget to feed your computer virus..."