    SubjectRe: Reading empty file (was: Re: /dev/full)
    Horst von Brand <> wrote:
    > > The lesson here, is to use /dev/zero when you mean it, and /dev/null
    > > when you mean it, and don't use /dev/full for anything useful. :)
    > Nope.

    You seem to think that you are telling me something that I
    don't know. As if I have no idea what the difference is between
    /dev/{null,full,zero} is. Do you really think that I am that
    confused? Did the smiley give you any indication?

    > Write to /dev/full for an error like "disk full"

    Is this really considered "useful"? Obviously someone thinks it is
    useful, because it is in the kernel, but I don't see any immediate
    applications. Still, it's easy to code, and doesn't take up much kernel

    Merry Christmas.

    -- (Fuzzy Fox) || "Nothing takes the taste out of peanut
    sometimes known as David DeSimone || butter quite like unrequited love." || -- Charlie Brown

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.020 / U:118.988 seconds]