SubjectRe: DHCPCD and Static IP's
Kevin Grey wrote:

"I don't think everyone really understands my problem... I originally
had
a dynamic ip given to me via dhcp. I then had it switched the my static

ip: kevlar.cc.gettysburg.edu. My box was up at the time the ip's
changed,
and everything worked perfectly, my computer assumed the new ip. After
rebooted a few hours later however dhcpcd was giving me the no DHCPOFFER

message in my messages log. Anyone have any idea why this may be?
Thanks"

a couple of months ago i used dhcpcd on a linux machine here at work,
and it worked fine. Now I need to use DHCP again (installing another
linux box) and I'm seeing the exact same thing as you. DHCP is also
broken on a PowerMac here. Windows machines have no problems at all.

I spoke to a network guy and he said the only change to the DCHP server
in the last few months is that Service Pack 3 was installed on it.

regards

paul jakma.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.021 / U:2.016 seconds]