SubjectRe: /dev/one - why not /dev/repeat?
Date
In article <13952.15943.970479.649038@tzadkiel.efn.org>,
Steve VanDevender <stevev@efn.org> wrote:
> Anyone who thinks /dev/one or /dev/~zero or /dev/repeat is
> something that needs to be implemented to fill a great need must
> be embarrassingly unfamiliar with basic UNIX utilities.

There is no need to insult people -- I suspect most are unaware that
the reason /dev/zero exists is not as a convenient stream of zeros to
be read, but as an infinite block to be mmap'd. If you don't
understand why /dev/zero is in the kernel then you will not understand
why /dev/one is not.
--
Shields.