SubjectRe: How to add devices at run-time?
Date
> act very much like Ethernet Devices, but of course since they
> are only in software, it is impossible to probe for them at
> boot, as the Ethernet devices are probed and created.)
>
> This is probably a fairly detailed and complex question, so I
> would really like a pointer to some other code that does
> something similar.

Its actually an "unsolved problem" as such. Its something that needs cleaner
handling for Frame LCN's and other stuff too. My guess is you need to add
an ioctl pair for it (add/del logical device) and put add/del logical device
in the struct device (include/linux/netdevice.h)

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.353 / U:0.048 seconds]