    I'm working on a "/proc/sys/kernel/corename" used to change
    the filename of a coredump. Ie. you echo something to the above
    file and thats what the corefile will be called.
    This has been discussed in an earlier thread and the idea to
    use %<whatever> came up, for example %p would expand to the coredumping
    process pid. I am also trying to conform to the codes used by /bin/ps.

    My problem is how to get the values for certain of these codes, if
    anyone has any suggestions of an easy way to get the bellow values
    while in elf_core_dump() (in linux/fs/binfmt_elf.c).
    I have been using the values in "task_struct *current" extensively
    so its possible that some (all?) of these values can be found in there.
    If so, please point me in the right direction.

    Problem values:

    coredumping processes: args,elapsed time
    user owning the coredumping processes: username,groupname,tty

    Any and all help is appreciated..

    -Simon Ekstrand

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.018 / U:229.328 seconds]