SubjectRe: Article: IBM wants to "clean up the license" of Linux
Sun, 20 Dec 1998, Albert D. Cahalan wrote:

> good free software because you haven't any patents to trade?

IMVHO, I think you're wrong here. The GPL says something like (I don't
know the exact wordings): the software gets patented (or is it copy-
righted?) after which the patent is released to the public (Or something
like that)
This could be an official point of view. But you can also look at it this
way: since IBM has access to the kernel source code, couldn't them giving
up a patent be considered some kind of trading? (I know, this is probably
naieve :-) )

Humble greetings,

Chipzz AKA
Jan Van Buggenhout