    SubjectRe: Article: IBM wants to "clean up the license" of Linux
    Sun, 20 Dec 1998, Albert D. Cahalan wrote:

    > good free software because you haven't any patents to trade?

    IMVHO, I think you're wrong here. The GPL says something like (I don't
    know the exact wordings): the software gets patented (or is it copy-
    righted?) after which the patent is released to the public (Or something
    like that)
    This could be an official point of view. But you can also look at it this
    way: since IBM has access to the kernel source code, couldn't them giving
    up a patent be considered some kind of trading? (I know, this is probably
    naieve :-) )

    Humble greetings,

    Chipzz AKA
    Jan Van Buggenhout