    SubjectRe: Article: IBM wants to "clean up the license" of Linux

    In message <m0zrrTE-0007U1C@the-village.bc.nu>, Alan Cox writes:

    > > What a minute. If I personally spend US $10K on something, I want
    > > protection too. In today's world, some corporation comes along and
    > > screws me rotten if I don't have a patent or SOMETHING to protect
    > > myself.
    >
    > $10K, Oh forget it, they countersue for something frivolous you go bankrupt
    > they take the patent as part payment, end of problem

    The point was that you deserve protection regardless of how much
    money you have, nothing more.

    There are other ways to protect yourself as a small operation that
    are much better than direct confrontation. You'll never likely
    survive that.

    --
    Shannon - shendrix@widomaker.com - InfiNet?