SubjectRe: Synchronous protocols on Linux
Linux Lists <lists@cyclades.com> writes:

> I can see that Sangoma cards implement all of this in their firmware and
> the kernel driver just send commands to them, but I was aiming on
> something cheaper ("dumb" :), like an SDL card, or even the Comtrol
> Hostess SV-11, which does not have a firmware and, thus, depend on the
> full implementation of these protocols in the kernel.

SDL drivers for FR (and others) are available - there is info on
ftp.sdlcomm.com (I forgot the ftp site - the drivers are made by another
company). However, the driver is:
- binary-only, made with 2.0.35 (2.0.36?) kernel
- buggy - there is a memory leak in FR code - eating RAM when the PVC
is not valid. They said they will eventually fix it.

I'm not sure if distributing binary-only driver is legal - looks like
it's based on linux:drivers/net/skeleton.c, which is GPLed.
--
Krzysztof Halasa
Network Administrator of The Palace of Youth in Warsaw