    SubjectRe: LS-120 Formatting?

    "Alex Butcher(linkern)" <> writes:

    > On Thu, 17 Dec 1998, SethMeister G. wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I've checked the dox, but cannot seem to find a utility to format LS-120
    > > floppy disks (either 1.44 or 120M). Has someone modified fdformat to do
    > > this? I didn't see any ioctl code in the IDE floppy driver to even
    > > support formatting media, or did I miss it?
    > My guess is that seeing as the LS-120 is an ATAPI device, you probably want
    > to modify a low-level SCSI formatter to do the job for you. Once you've
    > LL formatted it, just chuck a filesystem on it, be it FAT or ext2fs.

    It is ATAPI. I tried the SCSI emulator and my LS120 doesn't appear to
    work under it - this may warrent more investigation.

    > Look for scsifmt.lsm and you'll find my low-level SCSI formatter that I
    > wrote for Zip drives. I believe that ATAPI even uses the same command
    > numbers, but failing that, you could always try using the ide-scsi emulation
    > in the kernel... :)

    Ok, that could be very useful. At the moment I'm hoping that the LS120
    supports "FORMAT_UNIT" which should make it very easy.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.020 / U:33.640 seconds]