SubjectRe: NFS ...
On Thu, 17 Dec 1998, Kurt Garloff wrote:
> * I read a lot of reports in l-k telling me that there are more problems if
> there are other systems like AIX or Solaris involved. Fortunately, I
> didn't ever fall across one of those. I can just confirm that the NFS
> client of Linux works fine with the server of DEC Unix.

We're having problems with the Linux nfsd (user space) and Solaris clients: on
heavy NFS activity, the nfsd seems to lock up. Currently we're running a cron
job that periodically (every 20 minutes) checks the status of the rpc services
using rpcinfo, and restarts nfsd, mountd, portmap, ...

I tried switching to knfsd some time ago (2.1.129), but I couldn't get it to
work immediately.

Geert Uytterhoeven
Wavelets, Linux/{m68k~Amiga,PPC~CHRP}