    SubjectRe: NFS ...
    On Thu, 17 Dec 1998, Kurt Garloff wrote:
    > * I read a lot of reports in l-k telling me that there are more problems if
    > there are other systems like AIX or Solaris involved. Fortunately, I
    > didn't ever fall across one of those. I can just confirm that the NFS
    > client of Linux works fine with the server of DEC Unix.

    We're having problems with the Linux nfsd (user space) and Solaris clients: on
    heavy NFS activity, the nfsd seems to lock up. Currently we're running a cron
    job that periodically (every 20 minutes) checks the status of the rpc services
    using rpcinfo, and restarts nfsd, mountd, portmap, ...

    I tried switching to knfsd some time ago (2.1.129), but I couldn't get it to
    work immediately.

    Geert Uytterhoeven
    Wavelets, Linux/{m68k~Amiga,PPC~CHRP}

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.020 / U:34.500 seconds]