SubjectRe: Will IPC changes be included in the mainstream kernel ?
On Fri, 18 Dec 1998, Alan Cox wrote:

> > > KDE works fine under the kernel with these changes. Unless you choose to
> > > update the values from the default kernel settings that wrap cannot
> > > even occur.
> >
> > Did you try to compile kdeadmin from the CVS tree ?
>
> No I ran the KDE binaries. Im not interested in broken programs that
> include wrong #include files in their source.

Alas, I have to compile every bit myself... You're right, KDE is not the
programming ideal and have some braindead ideas (e.g. I can't understand why
the KDE guys keep the archive of .gmo files in CVS tree when the bunch of
broken .po source files are included into the archives. When I did ask
someone from their company, they did say something like "it's for poor guys
who don't have msgfmt...". Then I did ask why they do not care for those
poor guys who do not have gcc to compile the sources from the CVS tree...
Have not got any reply, .gmo archive is still CVS'ed...), but it's the only
monolythic uncommercial desktop currently available... And I have to make
rather extensive changes to make it speak russian properly...