SubjectRe: Is it legal for me to do that?
On Thu, Dec 17, 1998 at 01:15:00PM +0100, Konrad Rosenbaum mentioned:
> > I think it is, as long as you leave Copyright messages etc. intact. This
> > implies that you have to tell everybody that you used Linux sources to do
> > your job.
> that's not enough! Linux is GPL'ed, that means that _all_ software which
> uses source-code-pieces from it or is linked against (parts of) it has to
> be under GPL too. (If you want to survive: don't discuss this with RMS -
> he looks much closer on GPL-paragraphs than any other :-) )

In my college, we had to sign something when we enrolled that said
something to the order of "I acknowledge that the college claims ownership
of any software produced while I am in enrolled". Naturally, I took great
offense to this, and ensured that any projects I did included GPL'd code,
and it was stated as such, so the project itself was GPLed, and the college
couldn't touch it.

In most cases, there was no reason they would want it, but I reckon the
person that posted originally should fire away, and use as much linux code
as they want, and GPL the modified Xinu code...

Kate

--
'As my grandmother used to say, as she worked away on her spinning wheel,
"Those who do not remember history, are doomed to repeat it, especially if