   From: Jes Sorensen <>
Date: 14 Dec 1998 14:10:08 +0100

David> Here is where I disagree with you, sendfile() is the right
David> answer to pushing data to the wire, SGI's solution is not right
David> and adds complexity to the kernel where it doesn't need to
David> exist.

Provided that data is read directly from disk and put on the wire,

And you were originally talking about fileserving and how Linux lacks
there, and this is why I made the statement I did. Now you run off
and say it is yet another application of data I/O that we need
something other than sendfile for.

David S. Miller