Subject(OFF-TOPIC) Quantum Compression
Date
Hi,

I am in the process of writing a library that can access MS cabinet
files under Linux, everything is moving along nicely except I have hit a
brick wall thanks to MS's lack of documenting something again. While I have
already implemented the MSZIP compression format into the library and LZX
should be doable as they provided a spec sheet I have found that they use
another compression method as well (found this method used in the Win95
installation cabinet files), according to one of their header files they
call this compression type Quantum Compression. Though I am not certain,
some things in the header file suggest that this format may be similar to
the LZX format that they also use, which itself is based on LZ77. Does
anybody here know of or have heard of Quantum Compression, if so please let
me know. I'd like my finished library to be able to decode any MS cabinet
file. Thank You.

- A. Barbachan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.051 / U:0.076 seconds]