SubjectRe: Dumb question: Which is "better" SCSI or IDE disks? Fibre Channel
Date
Agus Budy Wuysang wrote:

> > > Fibre Channel adapter and/or drive...
> >
> > Talking of which and frantically heading back on topic - what is the current
> > status on the Qlogic fibrechannel cards ?
>
> They have at least 3 models, but there isn't any fibre
> channel adapter supported under Linux (including 2.1.x),
> is there?
>
> Well, I thought FDDI support was the worst :)

I've been using Qlogic's QLA2100 Fibre Channel card for a few months.
There's a driver for 2.1.x available from the University of New Hampshire
Interoperability Lab:

http://www.iol.unh.edu/consortiums/fc/fc_linux.html

It's a scsi driver, not in the drivers/fc4 area but in drivers/scsi.
So far I've had no problems, and performance is very good. One current
bug is that two Linux boxes on the same FC-AL (i.e., sharing disks via
a hub) argue about drive ID's and neither system can access the drives.

Don Holmgren
Fermilab

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.025 / U:0.344 seconds]