    SubjectCDaudio sound on the CMI8330
    This is another question in the ignore-him-he'll-go-away
    series. It comes right after my previous one re the IDE
    chipset on my TxPro mboard.

    My sound card is an on-board pnp CMI8330 (which OSS calls
    Audio Excel, for some reason), which I get to work via it
    being a MSS of sorts. Is there any reason I can't get the
    cdrom to play audio through the card? OSS/Linux used to
    manage, but alas no longer. I don't use OSS/Linux anyway,
    but I tried it once or twice.

    Also, all the channels are screwed up: I've read ad1848.c
    and I'm not to sure if I dare twiddle _that_ thumb yet. I
    can try, but I always prefer to waste somebody else's time

    I thought maybe the CMI8330 is the pnp version of the Audio
    Excel DSP 16 III that Documentation/sound/AudioExcelDSP16
    rants about, but I tried the solution detailed there (boot
    dos, load drivers, configure, reboot) with no change. Well,
    actually, even worse: no sound this time.

    Any ideas?
    (I'm no worshipper, so I won't say "any ideas, oh great
    gurus of the open source temple", but if it'll get me
    somewhere i could---NOT!. If someone someday came to me like
    that I'd probably just feel terribly uncomfortable. I know,
    because they do. The twits. All they do is prove they know
    so little they don't know I probably know less than they. I
    just guess quicker.)

    While in Windows95 just now, I realized I had dumped a
    rather large (43M) temp file there by mistake some time
    back. I hit delete instead of shift-delete (because I've
    been using wfw311 a bit more often than w95), and got the
    "Not enough space on drive C: to erase file. Try erasing
    some files to make more space" message. Oh boy I'd forgotton
    /that/ one.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.022 / U:15.516 seconds]