SubjectRe: [2.1.130-3] Page cache DEFINATELY too persistant... feature?
Hi,

On 27 Nov 1998 20:58:38 +0100, Zlatko Calusic <Zlatko.Calusic@CARNet.hr>
said:

> Yesterday, I was trying to understand the very same problem you're
> speaking of. Sometimes kswapd decides to swapout lots of things,
> sometimes not.

> I applied your patch, but it didn't solve the problem.
> To be honest, things are now even slightly worse. :(

Well, after a few days of running with the patched 2.1.130, I have never
seen evil cache growth and the performance has been great throughout.
If you can give me a reproducible way of observing bad worst-case
behaviour, I'd love to see it, but right now, things like

wc /usr/bin/*
run just fine with no swapping of any running apps.

--Stephen

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans