SubjectRe: [patch] entry.S asm improvement (removed some ugly jmp)
   Date: 	Sat, 28 Nov 1998 15:07:15 +0100 (CET)
From: Andrea Arcangeli <andrea@e-mind.com>

I think that my simulation was bogus. This because I guess that
return_all will invalidate any kind of return prediction... So the
patch could improve things even if the simulation didn' t
agreed. Is there any volunteers that could do a benchmark of
2.1.130 and 2.1.130 + my asm patch? To benchmark you should
generate a signal flood to run many times a signal handler or
something similar... I am not going to benchmark myself since my
hardware seems to not care too much about the return prediction ;)

I believe lat_sig from lmbench would be a good way to generate such a
sequence of events.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@dm.cobaltmicro.com