    SubjectRe: /dev/nvram on my Celebris
    Quoting David Luyer (luyer@ucs.uwa.edu.au):

    > However there's nothing
    > to stop the attacker compiling a new kernel and rebooting into it unless you
    > go to significant effort there too,

    There is. Don't use lilo. Have a little DOS partition. Don't include
    DOS support in the kernel. Use a little DOS bootmenu to start Linux.
    But default to start DOS there. This prevents from having someone
    run lilo on a new kernel and do a shutdown -r.

    > and then it becomes a pain to quickly fix
    > a kernel problem which suddenly comes up.

    If you are on the console, you can still reboot and choose "Linux" from
    the boot menu.

    Did I miss sth?

    ciao,
    johnny