SubjectRe: APM "SuspendToDisk" implementation problem
On Mon, 23 Nov 1998, Mailing List Account wrote:

# > Where on disk does it suspend to?
# Depends on the BIOS. Mine is configured via a little DOS proglet that
# will dump either to a file on a FAT paritition or a raw paritition.
Huh. That would explain it. I inhereted a laptop and one day set the BIOS
to suspend to disk. Since I'd fdisk'ed it and installed linux, it
apparently ate over my /bin directory because the next time I booted it up
after suspending, I got to play the 'delete the undeletable' files game.

-- n i c h o l a s j l e o n
/ elegance through simplicity /
/ good fortune through truth /
/ not all questions have answers /