SubjectRe: APM "SuspendToDisk" implementation problem
Mailing List Account writes:
> On Sun, Nov 22, 1998 at 09:25:05AM +0000, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
>
> > Where on disk does it suspend to?
>
> Depends on the BIOS. Mine is configured via a little DOS proglet that
> will dump either to a file on a FAT paritition or a raw paritition.

What I would like to know is how this is all supposed to work. I tried
a non-APM kernel on a Dell Inspiron 3200 and when I press the suspend
button (actually a sensor to tell when the lid is closed), the system
is suspended (I don't know whether it's to disc or RAM). When I
release the button, the kernel resumes, but has lost time.

When I switched to an APM kernel, pressing the suspend button suspends
as expected, and when I release the kernel resumes, and it fixes up
lost time. However, several seconds later the system suspends *again*
(of it's own accord) and I have to press the power button to resume
it. In the second suspend the kernel looses time.

What gives?

Regards,

Richard....

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans