    SubjectRe: Linux-asm (was A patch for linux 2.1.127)
    Richard B. Johnson writes:
    > Linux probably started at the DOS prompt (shreak Oh! ---horrors), the
    > primatives necessary to get into 32-bit mode were probably done in
    > MASM (shreak Oh! ---horrors), and the first I/O was probably via
    > RS-232C. When the new O.S. finally became "Unix like", there still was
    > not a 'C' compiler for it. The O.S. had to be quite mature with
    > a file-system and at least somewhat compliant I/O before the GNU
    > Compiler could be ported.

    It's funny that you would pretend that you know how Linux was
    brought to life, when we actually have the creator to tell us
    exactly how. And since I know that gcc was available long before
    Linux (I saw people using it in 1988 or so) I begin to doubt your
    account of history is based on any real knowledge of how it got
    done.

    But for now I'd rather see Linus finish 2.2 than tell the story
    of the creation of Linux.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:3.724 / U:0.224 seconds]