SubjectRe: elevator algorithm bug in ll_rw_blk.c
Riley Williams <> writes:

> 2. European definition: An elevator is a set of stairs that move
> up or down (as set) continuously, with passengers stepping on
> at one end and off at the other without having to move in
> between. They are usually installed in pairs, one going each
> way. I don't know what this is called in the USA.

No, that is an escalator.

AFAIK, `elevator', if it has a definition at all, means `a US word for
a lift', in UK English.

`Of course, most of us aren't using Fujitsu Eagles anymore, so we
don't really need to optimize this case.' - Mitchell Blank Jr., on