    SubjectRe: Samba mounts?
    Quoting Michael H. Warfield (
    > With all kernels > 2.1.70 you need the smbmount program from samba.
    > The smbmount program from smbfs no longer works with newer kernels. That
    > message needs to be changed to something more sensible.

    That's done it. Thanks for everybody who sent me this solution both to the
    list and privately. Now all I have to do is figure out the new syntax, and
    how to set up my init scripts so that they work on new and old kernels.

    "Linux's homebase is currently commodity network and server infrastructure. By
    folding extended functionality ... into today's commodity services, we raise
    the bar & change the rules of the game."
    - Microsoft leaks their strategy for monopolizing the Internet and the desktop.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.017 / U:8.196 seconds]