    SubjectRe: Samba mounts?
    Quoting Michael H. Warfield (mhw@wittsend.com):
    > With all kernels > 2.1.70 you need the smbmount program from samba.
    > The smbmount program from smbfs no longer works with newer kernels. That
    > message needs to be changed to something more sensible.

    That's done it. Thanks for everybody who sent me this solution both to the
    list and privately. Now all I have to do is figure out the new syntax, and
    how to set up my init scripts so that they work on new and old kernels.

    --
    "Linux's homebase is currently commodity network and server infrastructure. By
    folding extended functionality ... into today's commodity services, we raise