    SubjectRe: The Kommunity vs. Dick Johnson
    Hi Richard,

    I think your test procedure is flawed. I upped the
    SIZE parameter in the makefile to 63kbytes in order
    to simulate the situtation where the network buffer is
    not already in the 1st level cache, which I am guessing
    is the typical case. Your routines did very badly, ie
    they were twice as slow as any of the other versions.
    This is on a dual PPro 180 with 256kbytes 2nd level cache
    per processor. It has separate 8k I and D caches for the
    1st level. I compiled with -O2.

    Erik Corry Ceterum censeo, Microsoftem esse delendam!

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.018 / U:31.380 seconds]