    SubjectRe: Linux-asm (was A patch for linux 2.1.127)
    On Sun, 15 Nov 1998, Peter Barada wrote:

    > First of all I'd recommend that you get a UID that is something
    > besides 'root'. I don't think that you'd enjoy what 'rm -r /*' will do
    > to your machine...

    Huh? If you are talking about the file-server, every file in the ftp
    account is owned by root, after it gets automatically copied every
    night from ../pub/uploads to ../pub/downloads. When uploaded, it is
    owned by ftp as is ONLY the ../pub/uploads directory. This allows
    somebody to delete a file in the uploads directory if they want.
    However, after it's been on overnight and it gets moved to
    ../ftp/downloads, it can't be deleted except by root.

    > Second I'd recommend that you play in some higher languages unless you
    > really want to get utterly lost optimizing functions that contribute
    > 0/infinity to the overall processing time of a Linux system....
    >
    > Step back and look at the bigger picture or go apply for a job at Cisco...

    I have a job. I develop Operating Systems, three completely different
    ones so far.

    Cheers,
    Dick Johnson
    ***** FILE SYSTEM WAS MODIFIED *****
    Penguin : Linux version 2.1.127 on an i586 machine (66.15 BogoMips).

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.020 / U:0.508 seconds]