SubjectUP flu

I have seen some responses that some people with multiple systems seem to
have the problem on some systems yet not on others. One fellow in the
local LUG reports over two days on a UP .128 kernel under pretty good
load without trouble. He also has no IDE drives. I am wondering if systems
with an IDE drive mounted in the command search path or as the swap device
might be the trouble.

Are the systems that do not show the trouble all SCSI?

I have a new error pop up in my logs recently:

calvin kernel: hdc: lost interrupt
calvin kernel: ide1: reset: success
calvin kernel: hdc: irq timeout: status=0xff { Busy }
calvin kernel: ide1: reset: success

I have never seen the lost interrupt message before. This is a seagate
udma drive in regular eide mode. Note that I am used to seeing a lot of
the irq timeout errors, for whatever reason.

George Bonser

The Linux "We're never going out of business" sale at an FTP site near you!

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.617 / U:0.140 seconds]