SubjectRe: elevator algorithm bug in ll_rw_blk.c
> I get the joke, but I've got to think that there's nothing
> particularly directional about track-to-track seek speed.

Track-to-track seek speeds are not directional, but inter-sector
speeds are and since the algorithm has no information on physical
disk geometry, it cannot distinguish whether two sectors are on
the same track or not.

Have a nice fortnight
--
Martin `MJ' Mares <mj@ucw.cz> http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~mj/
"Light-year? One-third less calories than a regular year."