SubjectRe: e2fsck...
Reply to mail from Mofeed Shahin about e2fsck...
-----------------
> I am just wandering what (if any) are the concequences of running e2fsck
> on a read/write mounted fs (such as the root partition)?
> Linux 2.0.34
often ...very bad. it's like rearranging the structure of a building that
has parts being held from a crane. when they get put where they belong
(sync/shutdown), the underlying structure has been changed and you're
looking at major data corruption.

-d
--
Look, Windows 98 Buy, lemmings, buy! MCSE, Must Consult Someone Experienced
(c) 1998 David Ford. Redistribution via the Microsoft Network is prohibited.