    SubjectRe: New Solaris 7 features
    On Tue, Nov 10, 1998 at 10:47:30PM -0800, David S. Miller wrote:
    > I was offered to sign some NDA's such that I could be told the details
    > of the bug, but I said no. I said no because if they told me, I could
    > not implement the workaround described above without revealing the
    > details of the instruction sequences which cause the problem (and thus
    > breaking the NDA). So my plan is to run a logging crashme in 64-bit
    > userland to figure out what they are, and post the precise results
    > here and to bugtraq because there is no reason this information should
    > not be available to anyone. Sun is only pissing people off by
    > witholding the details, so I'll fix that up neatly some time soon.

    And we all hope that the creation of some strange laws in the US, which make
    reverse engineering illegal, don't try to interpret this as reverse

    Happy hacking!
    Kurt Garloff <> (Dortmund, FRG)
    PGP key on
    Unix IS user friendly - it's just selective about who its friends are!

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.019 / U:91.980 seconds]