    SubjectRe: TCP, congestion window & retransmission
    On Tue, 10 Nov 1998, David S. Miller wrote:

    >traces I had while I did most of my TCP output engine rewrite. I
    >always kept forgetting to go back and see if it was correct to do slow
    >start or not during timeout based recovery.

    According to the RFC2001 in case of duplicate acks or timeout TCP has to
    do slow-start until TCP has not the congestion window open to the value of
    sstresh (set to max(cwnd/2,1) before -> at timeout time). When the
    congestion window is >= sstrash, TCP must go in congestion avoidance
    incrementing cwnd of segsize*segsize/cwnd and at most incrementing of 1
    unit every RTT (this way cwnd increase liner and not exponential).

    Andrea Arcangeli

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.021 / U:59.776 seconds]