    SubjectRe: [patch] Re: Out Of Memory in v. 2.1

    On Tue, 6 Oct 1998, D. Schwingel wrote:

    > Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
    > >
    > > On Sat, 3 Oct 1998, Bill Hawes wrote:
    > >
    > > >Roy Bixler wrote:
    >
    > Logged in a VC and ran leak.
    >
    > Try to log into another VC and:

    > /bin/login: can't map '/lib/libc.so.5'
    > INIT: Id "c3" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
    > --------------------------------------
    >
    > The system remained responsive (however I can say that it had the same
    > behaviour some kernel releases ago) but I wasn't able to run anything
    >
    > I could switch to the VC running leak an press ^C.
    >
    > The system is ok, I logged in, run xinit and I'm using netscape to write
    > this.
    >
    > Im starting to have doubts if the patch was applied correctly, but I
    > applied the patch, ran make dep and make bzImage. The timestamps seems
    > correct and the image was created ok.
    >
    > I'm not sure what's hapenning...
    >
    > Is this the expected behaviour?

    This is how it SHOULD be working.

    This leaves the job of administration up to the admin. He should be aware
    of when a program may have sucked up all available memory, and should
    decide when and if to kill that process.

    Just as you had to do, personally that look s much better than a hung
    system yeah?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.021 / U:0.228 seconds]