SubjectRe: NFS question
Date
Alan Cox writes ("Re: NFS question"):

> > Ooops. That is a real bug. Please try the new patch here.
>
> No its not a bug. Its a feature. NFS should not allow execute only files
> to be read. Your security model is complete crap if you do so.

I disagree. Consider the case where you are exporting files to a
trusted machine - unprivileged users can execute but not read the file,
which is what you wanted.

It is only a security risk if you are exporting files to machines that
are not under your control.

Peter

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.050 / U:0.120 seconds]