    SubjectRe: More fuel to the fire [Linus' aesthetic DOES scale!]
    On Thu, 1 Oct 1998, Rik van Riel wrote:

    >> Not that that maintainers are stupid, but that they just do things
    >> that "work", and that they don't think about the implications
    >> enough. At least he used to, but it didn't seem to have much
    >> effect. However, it does work though: R. Gooch gave Linus a patch
    >> that Linus actually liked by THINKING about it for while first :)
    >Then maybe it would make sense to make a new rule stating
    >that patches should be submitted by at least 2 developers.
    >No, I don't mean two mails, but I mean two names signing
    >the mail with the patch. That way Linux might be shielded
    >from a lot of stuff that just isn't beautiful or scalable

    Signed howso? With PGP?

    So I write what I consider a cool patch, and since I solely
    developed it, and am a relative nobody to kernel development
    currently, my patch goes unseen because I don't have a "buddy"
    core developer? Sounds elitist to me...

    Mike A. Harris - Computer Consultant - Linux advocate

    Linux software galore:

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.024 / U:2.820 seconds]