SubjectRe: hisax kernel command line/netjet driver broken?
Hello,

> I'm trying to set up a linux box with six isdn cards, using kernel
> version 2.1.123. The cards are three ISA (AVM A1 Fritz) and three
> PCI (Traverse Tech. NETjet).
>
> I've had problems with both hisax= kernel command line and with the
> netjet driver, I think both things are not working ok. I'd
> appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.
>
> First, I tried building the Hisax driver in the kernel, and booted
> with command line (I mean in the same line, without spaces, using
> append in /etc/lilo.conf)
>
> hisax=5,2,3,0x200,0,5,2,5,0x240,0,5,2,7,0x300, \
> 0,20,2,0,0,0,20,2,0,0,0,20,2,0,0,0, \
> avm1,avm2,avm3,jet1,jet2,jet3
>
> But only two cards are detected at a time!
This is is known. init/main.c bootline parser only allow 10 parameters per
variable. Maybe we have to change our bootline parsing according to the
ide driver, which parse the line by itself.
> Second, I tried loading the hisax as a module, and I discovered
> that insmod can't get more than two cards at a time (too many
> parameters for insmod), so I tried loading the hisax module several
> times...
This is a bug inside hisax and fixed in newer versions, but here are other
problems left, so I didn't make a update to the kernel.
Newer versions are available from our CVS server (oldhades.think.de) or
from the CVS-ftp mirror at ftp.suse.de/pub/isdn4linux.

Karsten Keil

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.034 / U:0.140 seconds]