SubjectRe: 2.2.0 and egcs 1.1 was Re: Sorry, wrong gcc-version
Date
> You may have to in the future.
> from http://egcs.cygnus.com/spill.html :
>
> --------
> One side effect of Bernd's work is that incorrect asms which explicitly
> clobber a register that is also mentioned in the inputs/outputs for the
> asm will always generate an error on all ports. This is going to cause
> linux kernels to fail to build on x86 processors until the linux kernel
> developers fix the asms in the linux kernel.
> --------

Bernd (Im assuming its the same one as it seems to be) has also sent some
patches to fix a pile of these to the kernel people. I've got a set sitting
here to merge and check with gcc -S on 2.7.2.x when I get a bit of time

So the egcs folk appear to be going out of their way to be helpful

Alan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.115 / U:0.064 seconds]