    SubjectRe: 2.2.0 and egcs 1.1 was Re: Sorry, wrong gcc-version
    Date
    > You may have to in the future.
    > from http://egcs.cygnus.com/spill.html :
    >
    > --------
    > One side effect of Bernd's work is that incorrect asms which explicitly
    > clobber a register that is also mentioned in the inputs/outputs for the
    > asm will always generate an error on all ports. This is going to cause
    > linux kernels to fail to build on x86 processors until the linux kernel
    > developers fix the asms in the linux kernel.
    > --------

    Bernd (Im assuming its the same one as it seems to be) has also sent some
    patches to fix a pile of these to the kernel people. I've got a set sitting
    here to merge and check with gcc -S on 2.7.2.x when I get a bit of time

    So the egcs folk appear to be going out of their way to be helpful

    Alan

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.018 / U:59.156 seconds]