       From: (Alan Cox)
    Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 21:09:16 +0000 (GMT)

    Enough is enough on this whole silly topic. If you want a winmodem to work
    go right the code. If you dont have the docs go find how to get them. Then
    either a) you find it cant be done or b) you have a driver.

    One final comment --- I tried looking on the Lucent web page, based on
    the claim made by someone on this list that the specs for the Lucent
    winmodem chipset were on-line. I did find the chip specs sheet, but
    they're utterly useless. They only talk about the physical
    characteristics of the chip (voltage requirements, temperature ranges,
    etc.), and had zero information about how to actually program them.

    The next time someone wants to make a claim that the docs are available,
    please send the URL, and please check it yourself that it has the
    information you think it has.....

    - Ted

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.041 / U:7.988 seconds]