       Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 05:13:44 +0100 (CET)
    From: MOLNAR Ingo <>

    On Tue, 27 Oct 1998, David S. Miller wrote:

    > Post your patches so we can actually have a chance to figure something
    > like that out :-)

    uhm, was too embarrased to do that :) Be prepared, it's Really Ugly. The
    main goal was to get a prototype working fast ...

    Ok, here is one suggestion.

    Arguably mmap_mem() could be dealing with either real memory or I/O
    memory, the latter is the case we care about here.

    So what we could do is introduce macros to test this attribute for a
    physical page. Using this we could also instroduce the rule that you
    can't mmap memory which half straddles physical real memory and I/O

    Anyways, if the macro says this is I/O space we can call
    ioremap_page_range() or whatever, which is completely implemented
    already in per-architecture MM support files.

    Go from there.

    Just an idea.

    David S. Miller

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.017 / U:8.728 seconds]