SubjectRe: 2.2.0 and egcs 1.1 was Re: Sorry, wrong gcc-version
>What about Linux-Alpha?  gcc-2.7.2.3 won't configure on my machine.  I
>get:

Most of the EGCS issues that are being discussed only apply to the Intel
platform. The assembler statements are (for obvious reasons) completely
different on other architectures and, one hopes, correct. Also the Alpha has
far more registers than the Pentium and far fewer bizarre rules about which
regs you are allowed to use for which operations, which makes reload's job
easier.

>I was hoping that the compiler thing might explain my problem with a
>Packet Engines GNIC-II interface. I compiled the driver as a module,
>and when I ifconfig the interface, the machine resets. Right now, I'm
>using egcs-1.1b.

To be honest that sounds rather more like a common or garden driver bug.

p.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.061 / U:1.328 seconds]