SubjectRe: sb16 duplex and quake
On Tue, 20 Oct 1998, Daniel J. Rodriksson wrote:

>I'm about to modify the patch to overcome this
>by allocating the 16 bit side of the soundblaster to
>the first requesting operation rather than having
>it fixed.

I instead think that it would be better to have it always alloced for
input as default (and eventually made this tunable). Think at cackewalk.
Most of time you have a background and you start playing your track after
a while but you want to be recorded at 16 bit while you don' t care if you
hear the sound at 8 bit in the meantime.

Andrea Arcangeli