    SubjectRe: [patch] my latest oom stuff
    On Sun, 25 Oct 1998, MOLNAR Ingo wrote:

    >there is one more, not that i think it makes a difference in this case,
    >but i'd better put it into the public domain before someone gets bitten by
    >it: the RAID1 code has some critical places where it cannot allow a NULL
    >pointer, thus it does an infinit looping for a free page. The reason for

    I am not using raid. I am using a simple standard hardware configuration.

    CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL=y
    CONFIG_M586=y
    CONFIG_MODULES=y
    CONFIG_MODVERSIONS=y
    CONFIG_KMOD=y
    CONFIG_NET=y
    CONFIG_PCI=y
    CONFIG_PCI_BIOS=y
    CONFIG_SYSVIPC=y
    CONFIG_SYSCTL=y
    CONFIG_BINFMT_ELF=y
    CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDE=y
    CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEDISK=y
    CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEPCI=y
    CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEDMA=y
    CONFIG_IDEDMA_AUTO=y
    CONFIG_FIREWALL=y
    CONFIG_UNIX=y
    CONFIG_INET=y
    CONFIG_IP_FIREWALL=y
    CONFIG_IP_MASQUERADE=y
    CONFIG_IP_NOSR=y
    CONFIG_SKB_LARGE=y
    CONFIG_NETDEVICES=y
    CONFIG_NET_ETHERNET=y
    CONFIG_NET_VENDOR_3COM=y
    CONFIG_EL3=y
    CONFIG_VT=y
    CONFIG_VT_CONSOLE=y
    CONFIG_EXT2_FS=y
    CONFIG_JOLIET=y
    CONFIG_PROC_FS=y
    CONFIG_NLS=y
    CONFIG_VGA_CONSOLE=y
    CONFIG_LOWLEVEL_SOUND=y
    CONFIG_MAGIC_SYSRQ=y

    In all experiments I never use modules.

    >RAID5 is already fixed, it does preallocation so we can always atomically
    >allocate stuff for a while IO transaction, but RAID1 isnt yet ...
    >[RAID0/LINEAR is not affected.]

    Thanks for the info mingo!

    Andrea Arcangeli

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.019 / U:26.140 seconds]