    SubjectNADS for Linux
    This is the official announcment of the NADS project for Linux.

    Network Architecture Discovery and Switching

    NADS is a project to provide a specific networking enhancement to Linux to
    improve client<->server transaction speed by allowing a server to be
    placed at multiple points on a network and communicate to clients using
    the interface which is closest to it. It is in a similar spirit to IP
    routing, but will work without requiring subnetting or any client
    modfications. It also, incidently, solves the problem of having a server
    which is also acts as a bridge.

    For more information, including illustrations of the idea, please check
    out our web page at and feel free to e-mail any
    questions you have to us ( Since this is for senior
    design for our college (Auburn University), we have a specific schedule
    for completion (around March) and are required to do thorough

    Currently, the project is still in the design phase (schedules for
    completion are available on the web site).

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.029 / U:0.436 seconds]