SubjectRe: -j zImage (locales)
On Tue, 20 Oct 1998, David Lang wrote:

> we require all kernel hackers to learn c don't we? how elitest, why don't
> we allow kernel routines to be written in the programming language of
> choice? we don't becouse we want to keep everything readable and
> understandable for everyone, that means a common programming language. A
> common language for comments is for the same reasons and is no more
> restrictive.
>
> David Lang

The discution wasn;t about the comments, it was over a non english error
message, Requiring somone to know english to write linux is one thing,
requiring someone to know english to USE it is quite another. That's why I
suggested adding a numeric error code to the message in a sepperate post.

Gerhard

--
Gerhard Mack

gmack@imag.net
InnerFIRE@starchat.net

As a computer I find your faith in technology amusing.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.041 / U:1.628 seconds]