SubjectRe: CVS server for linux kernel [was Re: Kernel 2.0.36pre11 uploaded]
Date
Andreas:
> >Why there is no CVS server for linux kernel.
>
> You are touching an hot topic ;-). There is one but it' s used _mostly_ to
> develop no-i386 arch specific stuff (search for vger in the emails of this
> list and you' ll find the url).

CVS is ugly anyway, because there's no fine-grained access control (i.e.,
either you can change everything at will or you have only read-only
access).

I really hope the PRCS people would do something about their planned
client-server support, it looks just like what we'd need -- I have the
whole kernel under PRCS locally (every release since 1.0.0) and might be
able to share the thing somehow, once the PRCS support is there.

--
Matthias Urlichs | noris network GmbH | smurf@noris.de | ICQ: 20193661
The quote was selected randomly. Really. | http://www.noris.de/~smurf/