SubjectRe: APC, Your company is making a mistake!
On Sun, 18 Oct 1998, Alan Cox wrote:

> > And a very good question indeed, which for now would suit my
> > personal purposes. If anyone does have such source, due to the
> > licensing of the package, sharing it would not violate the
> > licence at all.

Use caution on legal advice you do not know the end result.....
There is "NO GPL" of any kind in the source, to date........

> 2.8 is on ftp.linux.org.uk:/pub/linux/alan. That seems to be the newest
> I have handy (its off the PHT monthly Linux cd). Everything clearly
> states its GPL and I've receiving nothing to indicate otherwise.

At the time when I put the GPL into the package there was not a legal
question in the horizon. Since 2.9.6 was the last publish source, the
legal questions if decode/reverse-engineering of a protocol came into
question. Since it was the best interest of mine to comply with source
removal, I did so.

As for requests of anyone holding copies of my currnet source, no one is
willy to give it up until I can find a working solution to GPL it finally.
Until this event passes, it can not happen. So don't bother asking.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.061 / U:0.232 seconds]