SubjectRe: Massive TCPv4 bad checksum
On Sat, 17 Oct 1998, H.J. Lu wrote:
> I have massive TCPv4 bad checksum on my CSLIP link from
> my CSLIP server to my machine ever since I upgraded to
> linux 2.1.1xx. Any suggestions?

My m68k box generates plenty of these messages when receiving packets from my
PPC box. This would indicate a bug in the checksum code for either (or both)
m68k and PPC.

But I also see the message on my AXP box, when receiving packets from the PPC.
The Intel box on our network reports no bad checksums at all. None of the
Linux boxes report any bad checksums from the Winslows machines.

Who's (who are?) the bad guy(s)?

Greetings,

Geert

--