    SubjectRe: pre-2.1.126-2 sd.c does not build as module
    Alan Cox wrote:

    > > Missing symbols on NR_SCSI_DISKS or something like that. If more is
    > > needed, ask.
    > > --
    > > Garst
    >
    > Can you see if 2.1.126pre2ac1 fixes that problem. If so let me know. I think
    > its sorted for all cases. If a couple more folk confirm it I'll pass it on
    > to Linus
    Yes, it compiles and boots.
    But, it also breaks PCMCIA scsi completely. This means that
    Documentation/Changes is now also out of date. I do hope that whoever
    made these changes at least informed Dave Hinds and other effected
    maintainers. A post to the list that things are going to break wouldn't
    hurt either. I expect breakage. That is why I test but lots of testers
    would save some time with some advanced warning when a patch is so
    obviously going to send stuff into limbo.
    2.1.125
    BTW Dave, there are a couple of missing ifdef CONFIG_PCI's missing in
    14/16-Oct. testing also, so they do not compile on ISA for 2.1.125
    --
    Garst